There are many important factors in planning a Partner Summit including selecting the appropriate discussion topics and developing a relevant strategic agenda. Here are some discussion topics that you may wish to consider in your agenda planning process:
- Overcoming the challenges of attracting and recruiting quality staff
- Developing creative new and innovative service offerings to meet the needs of clients and the marketplace.
- Positioning the firm in the marketplace by targeting the right size clients, in specific industries, that the firm has the best possible chances of engaging.
- Establishing and enhancing niches and specialties focused on high demand service areas rather than many small initiatives.
- Leadership in implementing action items and change necessary to compete effectively for clients and staff
- Establishing additional business locations to expand the firm’s geographic market reach.
- Developing leaders and professional talent within certain niches and specialty areas.
- Maximizing lead generation in target markets.
- Growth through M&A
- Increasing profitability by running the practice like a business
What made the firm successful in the past may not take you successfully into the future. Long-term success depends on the partner’s ability not to be squeezed between the past and the present. What made the firm successful in the past may not be the same formula that will lead to success in the future.
Getting your firm to the next level of success is not just about working hard and producing billable hours, it’s also about inspiring change, unleashing talented partners, and making contributions for the firm’s long-term future.